Tuesday, March 20, 2012

When I Grow Up

Eric has made it known that he now intends to be a Prophet when he grows up. He's not sure if he will do anything else, but Prophet is certain. I tried to explain that they all had regular jobs and supported their families. He said he'll have to think about it. His only concern is that his name is too short. He couldn't think of any prophets that had such a short name but I told him it would all work out fine.

He reminds me alot of Dallin when he was younger. Dallin was always worrying about specifics like that. He spent a lot of time being upset about property taxes and car insurance when he was Eric's age. (Now he is irritated about social security and income taxes coming out of his paychecks.)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! I don't think I ever had a deep thought like that come into my head--even after I became an adult. I must have had a very tranquil and worry free childhood. Of course, we didn't have TV or electronic games. We barely had radio so we didn't know much of what was happening in the outside world. There's something to be said for both eras. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me. We could use a good connection in SLC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to come and live at your house. The things your kids say and do would keep me young. I am so happy you are writing down all of these things and sharing them is even better. Who knows, maybe Eric knows something we don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to tell about Spencer wanting to be a professional dancer when he grows up. I'll have to get some video of that little morsel!

    ReplyDelete