Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dinner Appointment

Tonight we had the privilege of feeding the Elders. It has been a long time since we have been able to have Elders over for dinner. When we lived in AZ, we had them over all the time. They always played with the kids and were fun to have around. I'm sure we fit into some of their stories of watching TV or a movie when they weren't supposed to but we like to remember it as "fellowshipping".
Tal made breakfast for dinner - french toast, sausage, eggs and orange juice. He said since he signed us up, he would make dinner. How can I argue with that? (I'm married to such a great guy.)
Our house was pretty empty, though. The only kids home are Eric and Spencer. Kadi is in Loa and Dallin at Boot Camp.
The Elders made a great impression on the little boys. Eric was especially sensitive to their message and told them how he wants to be a missionary in the Philippines. I'm not sure why he has chosen that spot but they told him what an adventure it will be and how many people are waiting to hear the gospel.
I had the Elders give me their mom's email addresses so I could send them a note and a picture. Several Idaho moms have done that for me so it was my chance to give a little back. I'm not sure we will get them back anytime soon. There are only 4 sets that cover the 5 stakes in and around Vernal. They said they usually eat with members but there are several area restaurants where they can eat free: Golden Corral, Gandolfo's, McDonald's, and a couple others. But we told them if they ever have a cancellation or no-show they are welcome to come over. It may just be grilled cheese or macaroni but we'd love to feed them anytime.

2 comments:

  1. What a neat thing to do. Looks like fun. Love the picture. We used to have the Elders over every week when we lived in Georgia. I really enjoyed it. I was certainly a novice cook back then but they were always very gracious and complimentary about my cooking. We've never had Elders over since then. I've missed doing it but I didn't have much say in what happened at our house (as you know). It's really good for Eric and Spencer to see and get to know the Elders. I'm sure it will help them make their decision to go on missions. You and Tal are such a great couple. You compliment each other's personalities and treat each other with respect. I'm so proud of both of you and so happy you are part of my family. The miracle baby found a perfect wife. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely have them over. Bryan's not home early. But, I should more often. Love breakfast for dinner.

    ReplyDelete