Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wendy's Frosty

Today is Spencer's 6th birthday. He has been sick with the stomach flu for 2 days now. He caught it from Eric, who was only down 24 hours, then Kadi had it for a day, Spencer is on day 2 and Dallin came home from school today after throwing up during 3rd hour. Tal is out of town for the week for a training so I have been on my own to clean up puke off the floor and nurse a houseful of sick kids. Thankfully, Dallin and Kadi are really great helpers even when vomit is involved and I have not yet been stricken. (A tender mercy, thank you!)
Since Spencer hasn't lost his lunch since last night, I got him a junior Frosty when we were out taking Kadi to her ortho evaluation. (I wasn't about to reschedule it, sorry waiting room parents, I tried to keep Spencer in a corner.) Here is our conversation:

S: I wonder what Frosty throw-up looks like?
M: I don't know. I've never seen Frosty throw-up.
S: Mom, I think we are going to find out!

Luckily, we did not need to find that out today. I am thinking that I would be OK if I never had to find out what Frosty throw-up looks like!

He is feeling better today and I think he may be able to keep down some birthday dinner and cake. He wants Parmesan noodles (from a box, not the yummy Alfredo I make) and grilled cheese sandwiches. I love easy birthday requests! For cake, he always asks for Spice Cake. Funny kid - he fell in love with it one year when I made it for Grandma Marilyn's birthday and now he and Eric say it's their favorite. I am still looking for the perfect recipe, so today I tried No-Fail Applesauce Spice Cake. My first clue should have been the implied guarantee. Yep - it flopped. It is still edible but that perfect spice cake recipe still eludes me!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! You're blogging again! I've missed your family updates. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick kids are the worst and even worse when hubby is gone. Hang in there! Poor kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to have you back blogging. I also use my blog as my journal. So happy you share EVERYTHING because it is so hilarious. Hope you stay well and glad your family is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know if you find out what frosty throw up looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You've had your hands full. I'm so happy you're blogging again. I love hearing all the neat and funny things that go on in your family. Hope Tal is going to stay home for a while now and give you a break. Thank you for all your help today. Love you.

    ReplyDelete