While I can spend an untold amount of time looking through fabulous ideas on Pinterest, I have to be reasonable. I made a deal with myself that I have to actually make or do some of the things I find on Pinterest to justify my illicit browsing habit!
(Pinterest is an on-line bulletin board. You can see what your friends or the public are "pinning" to their boards.)
Tonight I made Cinnamon Streusal Coffee Cake from the Baker Chic. It was YUM! (If you haven't discovered Greek yogurt yet, you can substitute sour cream.) I will make it again and here are my notes:
"Did not vary recipe except to simplify dirty dishes. Use a gallon
ziploc bag to mix crumb topping and another for brown sugar filling. Use
a glass 2 cup measuring cup for the milk and Greek yogurt. Pour in your
1 1/4 cup milk and then add yogurt or sour cream to the 2 cup mark.
Whisk in that cup before adding to batter. Simple and fabulous! Tal said to make it again."
I recently made the Coconut Caramel Cake from Jamie Cooks It Up and that was a keeper, too. The frosting is similar to Coconut Pecan Frosting that goes on a German Chocolate Cake but without the nuts. Notes for that:
"Frosting is DELISH! Poked holes on top before pouring frosting on so
that it can seep in a little. Cake a little dry so watch cooking time."
Here is another tip I used yesterday when I brought a prescription home for Eric (he has strep AND a cold). You use a Sharpie and write the date and time for each scheduled dose on the bottle. Then check it off as you go. I am always second guessing myself on whether or not I missed a dose. Click here for the site and pics. (Original credit is not given and it's just a pic but you get the idea.)
When I get to Vernal just a teeny taste will do. Everything sounds so yummy. Lucky Tal. Now, I guess I'll go have a small dish of my sugar-free ice cream. Love you.
ReplyDeleteLove Pinterest, but, I agree. I've made quite a few things from there though and copied plenty of kids craft ideas.
ReplyDeleteI just joined Pinterest on February 3, 2012, but I haven't even visited the site since. I have been reading so much about it and how addicting it is. Do I really want to go there?
ReplyDelete