Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day! Tal made my favorite breakfast of french toast and bacon. He even brought me homemade Orange Julius while I was still in bed that was delicious. I had some leftover Coconut Syrup that I made last week and that was absolutely perfect on the french toast.
Then we went to church, on-time, with all the kids. We even got to sit in the padded rows and not the folding chairs. It was great!
The kids all had something sweet for me - flower plants, hand-prints, candy, and cards. The ward gave the mom's a strawberry plant and Tal got me a great gift card and a digital frame that I have been wanting.

We had friends over to play games after dinner although we are still mourning the loss (move) of the Wood family.

We were able to visit with Taylor on Skype for a while. It was great to see him and hear his voice. He is doing very well and has a great companion. The families in his wards seem to take good care of the missionaries.
I am so proud of him and his service to the Lord. He is working hard and learning a lot. We have encouraged him to remember that the Lord didn't ask him to become a cookie-cutter replication of the image of a missionary but instead learn to serve Him and follow His way as who you are - or really a better version of yourself. Everyone has different talents and abilities, different personalities and senses of humor. It takes all kinds to reach the souls waiting to hear the gospel message and Taylor has some unique gifts that he is blessed with and through the Lord, he will be able to share the spirit and touch hearts.
I am so thankful to be the mother of these children. I am also grateful to have a supportive and encouraging husband to work through this parenting challenge with.

2 comments:

  1. You are a terrific wife and mother and you deserve a fantastic Mother's Day. I'm so happy you had a great day. I was able to talk to Tay for about 20 minutes today. It was such fun and so good to hear his voice. I surely miss that young man. But time goes quickly and he will be home for us to enjoy. I'm looking forward to using my picture frame thing when I learn how to use it. Such a thoughtful gift. I'm sure I will love it. I miss all of you and I'm sad I won't get to hug Dallin goodbye before he leaves for South Carolina. Please hug him for me. I love all of you so much and look forward to the day we'll all be in the same place again. P.S. I'm so happy Tal has learned how to do some of the little things to show his love for you. A big, expensive gift and nothing else, just doesn't always "cut the mustard."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great Mother's Day for you. We always say what cute, great kids you have and we knew Taylor would be an awesome missionary. I wish I had a family that liked to play games, because I really miss it. Thanks for sharing Taylor's e-mails.

    ReplyDelete