Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving

Marilyn is using her super cool apple peeler/slicer for her delicious apple pie.
Kadi is making praline sweet potatoes.

I brined the turkey this year and it was very juicy.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with the kids and Marilyn. It was very low-key and relaxing - my favorite combination. With how crazy our schedules have been, we were looking forward to a stress-free holiday.
For dessert, Tal's second cousin Katrina and her family, came over for pie. It was really nice to visit and get to know them. I know Marilyn really enjoyed telling Katrina about her parents and about Jack and Elaine when they were younger.
The boys played so well with their kids. They were really excited to find out they had cousins at their school.

2 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving was such fun. That peeler, corer, slicer is a dandy! Patti gave it to me years ago and I had never used it. I'm happy I took it with me to your house so we could see whether it works--and, oh boy, it works! Should have been using it all these years. I have a hunch it will get plenty of use now. Surely loved the entire weekend with you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That evening at your house was the icing on the cake of an already wonderful Thanksgiving. Thanks so much for having us!

    ReplyDelete