Today I sent my son off to Army National Guard Basic Combat Training. It's hard to believe I have one son on a mission and another son at Boot Camp.
We are so proud of him. He has talked about being a soldier since he was little so we have had plenty of time to get used to the idea. It's just unreal that the time has already come. He is still a little young. He will come back from 10 weeks in South Carolina and enter his senior year at high school. After graduation, he will train for his career and it's only after that point that he is available for active duty. THAT will be another challenge for me to survive!
Yes, it's sometimes difficult when they leave the nest even if it's only for a short time. I was so happy he called me before he left. What a darling young man he is. He is certainly excited about this new adventure. We all wish him well and a speedy return and we'll keep him in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteWow, every time I read your blog there are major changes taking place in your household. I guess having 5 kids makes life more exciting. Amazing how different your kids personalities are. Dallin will do great and we will look forward to hearing about his new adventure.
ReplyDelete